Thursday, April 19, 2012

Senator's first real scent alert

a pinnacle!
Senator had his first alert to my natural low blood sugar scent. It was so exciting.

We had just returned from a walk and I was sitting on the floor taking off my shoes.  I noticed that he was looking at me with a questioning look in his eyes and beginning to approach me.  I was thinking "Oh no, a false alert!" and I'm sure I was starting to back away.  He approached me and alerted.  I tried to ignore him.  Then, I got to wondering......Could I be low?  I tested my blood sugar and it was 74.  It was a real alert!  I praised and rewarded him big time!  He had accomplished what we had been working so hard for.  All of our working with the scent pads and the scavenger hunting that we had him perform had paid off.  He really was learning and could recognize the scent.

This was a huge hurdle and hopefully the beginning of something really great!

No comments:

Post a Comment